Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
We want more people socialising at the pub this summer. Visit www.camra.org.uk/summerofpub for more details and to get involved!
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is:
The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 26 March 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2019 is:
The Castle Hedingham Social Club, 15-19 Church Lane, Castle Hedingham, CO9 3DA.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 7 May 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : Thank you @edinburghpaper for this audio coverage of our Pub Design Awards! Have a listen below 👇 Read more about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 11:00 : Happy Saturday! 🍻 There are plenty of #SummerOfPub ☀️ activities this weekend, including beer & cider festivals at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 17:25 : London pubs 🚨 Are you planning to host fringe events from 6-10 August to coincide with @gbbf this #SummerOfPub? ☀️… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:49 : RT @gbbf: Our 2019 Festival Floor plan is here! 🎉Take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the layout so you can plan y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:47 : It's almost time for the weekend! Which also means it's #FunFactFriday 🍻 Some wise words this week. 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…