Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2020 is: The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2020 is: The Birchanger Sports & Social Club, Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, Essex, CM23 5QJ.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:01 : Pubs & breweries with delivery services! 📣 Do you have photos of your services that you would be willing to share with us for a media opportunity? Comment below 👇 or get in touch via DM!
- Friday, 10:00 : Join us at the Red (On)Lion! 🦁🍻 We've created a virtual pub where people can get together to help tackle social isolation while the nation’s pubs are closed. The Red (On)Lion is a video platform where anyone can enjoy a chat over a pint. Check it out👉 theredonlion.co.uk pic.twitter.com/TxCcBvKbOv
- Wednesday, 17:32 : Tonight is your last chance to submit questions for Friday's Q&A! Reply to this Tweet with your burning #Cellarmanship questions 🍻👇 twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Wednesday, 13:24 : #BeerTwitter! Are you running a virtual beer club, online cider tasting, pub quiz, beer chat or more?🍻 Let us know! We'd love to bring all these great social initiatives into one list and help spread the word so beer and cider lovers can connect online 😊 #stayathome
- Wednesday, 09:36 : CAMRA is reiterating its call for pub owning companies to cancel rents for licensees during this unprecedented period of uncertainty during the COVID-19 crisis. Please find the attached comment from CAMRA National Chairman Nik Antona. Read it online 👉 ow.ly/Yr1E50z1P9C pic.twitter.com/tKUGAoG3Lv