Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Sign the ‘Cheers to Choice’ petition at http://www.camra.org.uk/cheerstochoice
The petition has four key points:
- Consumers are ready to support our pubs when they can reopen.
- We are concerned for the survival of our small and independent brewers and cider makers.
- We want to see local and independent brands when we can get back to the bar.
- We urge all pub companies to give tenants the option to stock local and independent beers and ciders to help these producers, and make sure that pub offerings are as attractive to punters as possible.
Don’t waste 50 million pints! Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
Brew2You app is now available to download via the Google Play store!
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic
CAMRA has created a virtual pub where beer and cider drinkers as well as regular pub-goers can get together for a pint to help tackle loneliness and social isolation felt during the Coronavirus lockdown and the closure of the nation’s pubs.
The Red (On)Lion is a video platform where anyone can enjoy a lively chat over a beer or cider. There is a ‘main bar’ area, and visitors can also create or book a table to set up video conferencing with their friends.
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2020 is: The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2020 is: The Birchanger Sports & Social Club, Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, Essex, CM23 5QJ.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 16:54 : MEDIA REQUEST 🚨 A production company is seeking pub landlords/ladies for a documentary series. They're looking for characters - people who encourage their patrons to be loyal & keep coming back 🍻 Could this be you? Get in touch with Emma on 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/9dyWGQbvcq
- Friday, 01:12 : RT @BCAWalsall: What a year it's been, but we're delighted to be in the 2021 @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide. Thanks to @WalsallCAMRA, to our amazing customers and friends, to the fantastic Team BCA (our fab staff) and to @BCA_RealAle for their unstinting support in very difficult times 🥰😍😘 pic.twitter.com/vU3MCXcouX
- Friday, 09:18 : RT @LetcombeHound: Good Beer Guide 2021 is out and we are in! Thanks to our hard-working team who strive to source excellent ales both locally and from around the country and keep them in tip-top condition for you to enjoy. #goodbeerguide2021 #countrypub #villagepub #realale @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/1f14eekPzZ
- Friday, 10:57 : RT @ShepherdNeame: We are delighted to announce that five of our pubs have been included in The Good Beer Guide 2021. Now in its 48th edition, it is the definitive guidebook to #pubs that serve the best real ale across the UK. Cheers to that!🍻#thegoodbeerguide #longlivethelocal @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/g9Vup6zo5k
- Friday, 12:06 : RT @WhiteHorseST: We're thrilled to be in @CAMRA_Official's #GoodBeerGuide2021! 🍻 This year has been incredibly challenging for our industry, congratulations to all the pubs included & a huge thank you to the breweries & our customers for their support! #GBG2021 @ED_CAMRA #RealAle #Freehouse pic.twitter.com/QwGPbvmCPl