Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Reopens Fri 16 Apr for outside service.
Likely to be open for just weekends (ie Fri/Sat/Sun) to begin with.
Railway Arms SAVED! The Railway Arms closed back in January 2017, and after nearly a 4 year fight, the The Railway Arms is Saffron Walden’s first Community Owned pub.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic.
See https://camra.org.uk/beer-and-cider/campaigns/sbr/ for more.
The petition has four key points:
- Consumers are ready to support our pubs when they can reopen.
- We are concerned for the survival of our small and independent brewers and cider makers.
- We want to see local and independent brands when we can get back to the bar.
- We urge all pub companies to give tenants the option to stock local and independent beers and ciders to help these producers, and make sure that pub offerings are as attractive to punters as possible.
Bringing you interesting stories each week about the world of beer, cider and pubs. Tune in every Tuesday.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 18:00 : What does your pub of the future look like? Katie Mather (@Shinybiscuit) joins forces with illustrator Lucie Cooke once again to tell CAMRA's Learn & Discover platform (@feralfruits) what hers would be. Read the first instalment of the series here 👉ow.ly/Tfye50FH6Yu pic.twitter.com/LxD6yVgz30
- Friday, 18:00 : The day has arrived! What are you up to for GBBF at Your Local? 🍻 Let us know on socials using the hashtags #GBBF #AtYourLocal! pic.twitter.com/RGsh2REEeh
- Thursday, 18:00 : Tomorrow marks the beginning of @gbbf at Your Local! 🍻 If you get involved, make sure you share your pictures and use the hashtags #GBBF #AtYourLocal There are events going on up and down the country, find one near you 👉 local.gbbf.org.uk/whats-on/ pic.twitter.com/BuQJNQo289
- Tuesday 27 July, 16:17 : RT @JonnyGarrett: Last day working on book photos. Here's a sneak peek. Guess which month... pic.twitter.com/7TomKF0oV6
- Thursday 29 July, 09:30 : RT @totalcurtis: Two weeks 😬 shop1.camra.org.uk/modern-british… pic.twitter.com/0FJewDzseH