Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Reopens Fri 16 Apr for outside service.
Likely to be open for just weekends (ie Fri/Sat/Sun) to begin with.
Railway Arms SAVED! The Railway Arms closed back in January 2017, and after nearly a 4 year fight, the The Railway Arms is Saffron Walden’s first Community Owned pub.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic.
See https://camra.org.uk/beer-and-cider/campaigns/sbr/ for more.
The petition has four key points:
- Consumers are ready to support our pubs when they can reopen.
- We are concerned for the survival of our small and independent brewers and cider makers.
- We want to see local and independent brands when we can get back to the bar.
- We urge all pub companies to give tenants the option to stock local and independent beers and ciders to help these producers, and make sure that pub offerings are as attractive to punters as possible.
Bringing you interesting stories each week about the world of beer, cider and pubs. Tune in every Tuesday.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 18:00 : Have you tuned in to the first episode of the brand new season of our podcast? @PubsPintsPeople this week is all about Modern British Beer and Cider, featuring @theciderologist and @totalcurtis 🍻 🎧Listen here: shows.acast.com/pubspintspeopl… pic.twitter.com/z6SKzRwdiX
- Friday, 18:00 : You can now pre-order the Good Beer Guide 2022, with foreword written by musician and publican @JamesBlunt! 🍻 Get your copy and find out more via the CAMRA shop: ow.ly/nQKk50GfPPE pic.twitter.com/rvG6iBE3n8
- Thursday, 18:00 : It's @caskaleweek! Do your bit for the industry by heading to your local for a pint of independently brewed cask ale. 🍻 Pubs and breweries - here are some ideas of how you can celebrate! Pubs: ow.ly/Fc0H50Gfdy7 Breweries: ow.ly/ZJSA50Gfdy6 pic.twitter.com/lyQw3S8mKX
- Wednesday, 18:00 : For the next 10 days we'll be celebrating @caskaleweek! 🍻 Let us know what you're doing to mark the occasion. If you've got nothing planned, head over to the Cask Ale Week website to find out what's on. caskaleweek.co.uk pic.twitter.com/R2mLf4G9On
- Wednesday, 11:17 : RT @caskaleweek: Only 1️⃣ day to go until Cask Ale Week begins!🎉 Shout out to all of the regional @CAMRA_Official branches and their members for their support in the lead-up to Cask Ale Week 2021 🍻 ℹ️ Join in cask events near you: caskaleweek.co.uk/activities-2021 #CaskAleWeek #StandUpForCask pic.twitter.com/Ly3VabUPQo