Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Reopens Fri 16 Apr for outside service.
Likely to be open for just weekends (ie Fri/Sat/Sun) to begin with.
Railway Arms SAVED! The Railway Arms closed back in January 2017, and after nearly a 4 year fight, the The Railway Arms is Saffron Walden’s first Community Owned pub.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic.
See https://camra.org.uk/beer-and-cider/campaigns/sbr/ for more.
The petition has four key points:
- Consumers are ready to support our pubs when they can reopen.
- We are concerned for the survival of our small and independent brewers and cider makers.
- We want to see local and independent brands when we can get back to the bar.
- We urge all pub companies to give tenants the option to stock local and independent beers and ciders to help these producers, and make sure that pub offerings are as attractive to punters as possible.
Bringing you interesting stories each week about the world of beer, cider and pubs. Tune in every Tuesday.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 15:00 : Help us improve WhatPub and power up your pub searches. Share your thoughts and experience by taking our short survey about how you use WhatPub. It will take no more than 3 minutes to complete and no personal data will be collected. Take part here 👉 ow.ly/40KH50EkCzO pic.twitter.com/9qPvI08zqd
- Friday, 10:02 : RT @beertoday: A campaign launching today is calling on beer drinkers to back British brewing and pubs and opt for a pint of fresh cask beer from a local independent brewery when they return to pubs beertoday.co.uk/cask-is-back-0… #cask #beer #ale @CAMRA_Official @SIBA01 @caskmarque @BIIandBIIAB pic.twitter.com/95GKIKQpik
- Friday, 10:19 : RT @BIIandBIIAB: Cask is BACK, so back CASK! We're championing Cask Ale this weekend along with some of our industry friends @caskmarque @SIBA01 & @CAMRA_Official @AltonSteven “Cask ale is a unique attribute to UK pubs & a key point of difference" bii.org/news/article/n… pic.twitter.com/MOyhUhM5f2
- Friday, 09:04 : RT @SIBA01: When pubs reopen next week make your first drink a cask beer from a local independent brewery. You can only get cask beer in pubs, so now Cask is BACK, let’s back CASK. #CaskIsBack launching today with @CAMRA_Official @BIIandBIIAB @caskmarque More info: siba.co.uk/caskisback pic.twitter.com/VAVb0R2vLI
- Friday, 11:00 : Cask is BACK - so back CASK! 🍺 Our new campaign is calling on beer lovers to choose a pint of fresh cask beer from a local independent brewery when they return to the pub. #CaskIsBack @SIBA01 @caskmarque @BIIandBIIAB Read more about it on our website👉 camra.org.uk/press_release/… pic.twitter.com/nTlcgSQevQ