Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is:
The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 26 March 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2019 is:
The Castle Hedingham Social Club, 15-19 Church Lane, Castle Hedingham, CO9 3DA.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 7 May 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 16:59 : #FourMinutesToSaveALife follows a delivery driver who realises that he's the only human contact some people on his round have all day – so he sets out to try and help them find friends in each other. We love how many pubs take it upon themselves to help others in this way too ❤️
- Thursday, 11:30 : Commenting on the release of the report “Unlocking Pubs’ Potential” by the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group, please find the below comment from Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman ➡️ ow.ly/a99l50yxkAo Read more about the report on the @morningad 👇 twitter.com/morningad/stat… pic.twitter.com/VodrEEr8fs
- Thursday, 09:49 : RT @annastuartbooks: Cheers all - a good beer and a good book, what more could you want? If that's you, then RT and tweet your #mypubstory to @CAMRA_Official for a chance to win a copy of Four Minutes to Save a Life and The Good Beer Guide 2020. I'll drink to that!! pic.twitter.com/M1MNJfmKrV
- Wednesday, 10:54 : RT @Jocoxbrown: @CAMRA_London @morningad Don't miss the opportunity to have your say on the Late Night Levy in London, we are performing a review of the Late Night Levy on behalf of @MOPACLdn and GLA surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LDN-LNL
- Wednesday, 17:04 : Don't forget to take part in our #MyPubStory competition! More information below 👇✨ twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…