Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real& , real pubs and consumer rights.
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2018 is:
The Plough, High Street, Debden, Essex, CB11 3LE.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 27 March 2018, at 8pm (meeting at 7.30pm).
Our Branch Club of the Year 2018 is: The Birchanger Sports & Social Club, Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, Essex, CM23 5QJ.
The presentation took place on Monday 9 July 2018, at 8pm (meeting at 7.30pm).
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:00 : Did you know that with a CAMRA membership, you can get 20% off of @nationalexpress coach tickets? Read more about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 19:00 : Planning an event to celebrate #CiderMonth this October? Be sure to let us know so we can list it on our website! 🍏… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 12:30 : Happy Saturday - and day 3 of @caskaleweek! How are you celebrating this weekend? 🍻 caskaleweek.co.uk pic.twitter.com/nkWYdVRDvA
- Thursday, 22:13 : RT @FerryBrewery: We are delighted to be included in @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide 2019 as one of the tap bars that serve the best… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 09:25 : RT @caskaleweek: Day 2 of #caskaleweek and it's almost the weekend - how're you celebrating? #fridayfeeling pic.twitter.com/MmESQ1papN