Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Don’t waste 50 million pints! Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
Brew2You app is now available to download via the Google Play store!
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic
CAMRA has created a virtual pub where beer and cider drinkers as well as regular pub-goers can get together for a pint to help tackle loneliness and social isolation felt during the Coronavirus lockdown and the closure of the nation’s pubs.
The Red (On)Lion is a video platform where anyone can enjoy a lively chat over a beer or cider. There is a ‘main bar’ area, and visitors can also create or book a table to set up video conferencing with their friends.
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2020 is: The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2020 is: The Birchanger Sports & Social Club, Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, Essex, CM23 5QJ.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : Each week in time with a new #podcast episode, we will be sharing a cooking-with-beer recipe from Sue Nowak! 👨🍳🍻 This week, learn how to make lamb chops with raspberry beer! Available on the What’s Brewing website 👉 ow.ly/CzRe50zTK77
- Saturday, 12:00 : Celebrate a Mild with beer expert & author Des De Moor at the Red (On)Lion, 9 June at 6pm! 🍻 Des will talk about the Mild style’s fascinating history, deal with a few myths and invite you to try some examples. Get your place & see suggested beers here 👉 ow.ly/Lomh50zTIKw pic.twitter.com/LM3NjM2vr3
- Saturday, 10:00 : Congratulations to Tom Clarke for winning the homebrewer game in our #podcast competition! 🍻 He's won the Homebrewers board game, kindly provided by Karls Games - check it out below! 👇 karlsgames.co.uk/store/item/boa…
- Friday, 17:00 : We will cheers again at the local pub 🍻 Share your positive messages about pub re-openings with our new social artwork (see below!), whether it is your fondest pub memory or a pub acting as a ‘lockdown hero’ 🌈🍻 Download the art & learn more here 👉 ow.ly/CtAt50zTHyv pic.twitter.com/lve8Kwo2m8
- Friday, 12:00 : We are extremely sad to hear of the death of Roger Ryman, brewing director for St Austell brewery. Please find a statement from our Chief Executive Tom Stainer attached. pic.twitter.com/D3yV5UtxyH