Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
The North West Essex Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is:
The Fleur de Lys, High Street, Widdington, Saffron Walden, CB11 3SG.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 26 March 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
Our Branch Club of the Year 2019 is:
The Castle Hedingham Social Club, 15-19 Church Lane, Castle Hedingham, CO9 3DA.
The presentation took place on Tuesday 7 May 2019. See Presentations 2018-2019 for photos.
WhatPub? is The Campaign for Real Ale's online pub guide! It featuring over 35,800 real ale pubs.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:36 : RT @FraserWhieldon: Great to see @savestapubs is going from strength to strength, making the latest edition of @CAMRA_Official's Beer publication! 🍺 pic.twitter.com/uELjBceGfr
- Monday, 12:50 : We have lots of great deals on CAMRA Books this festive season, to help you find the perfect gift for the beer & pub lover in your life! 🎁 Members can now get 'The Pub Manifesto' for only £8! Don't miss out - offer valid until 14 Nov! Shop our books 👉 ow.ly/Pwtc50x7zcH pic.twitter.com/vyBwZUcV6s
- Sunday, 11:00 : As winter’s chill descends and jack frost nips at your nose, why not warm yourself at the open fire of one of these cosy pubs? 🔥 Did you catch our list of 10 pubs with roaring fires to visit this winter, recommended by our members? Catch up now! ➡️ ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq
- Saturday, 12:00 : Join CAMRA at the @BBCGoodFoodShow at NEC Birmingham, 28th Nov – 1st Dec 2019! Sample Champion Bottled Beer finalists, join our tastings hosted by beer experts, and visit our stand for cracking CAMRA Christmas gifts! CAMRA members get 20% off admission: ow.ly/fmcE50x5KXD pic.twitter.com/h0PIdfEUSd
- Friday, 17:00 : We've revealed some cosy pubs with a roaring fire to visit to keep warm this winter! 🔥 From roasting chestnuts on an open fire to charming country inns and Tudor fireplaces, all are recommended by CAMRA members. List here! #LovePubsJoinCAMRA 👉 ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq pic.twitter.com/4MQw7krskM