Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the old A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree, with Thaxted in the centre (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
Reopens Fri 16 Apr for outside service.
Likely to be open for just weekends (ie Fri/Sat/Sun) to begin with.
Railway Arms SAVED! The Railway Arms closed back in January 2017, and after nearly a 4 year fight, the The Railway Arms is Saffron Walden’s first Community Owned pub.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
#PullingTogether Campaign to help pubs, brewers and cider makers through the COVID-19 pandemic.
See https://camra.org.uk/beer-and-cider/campaigns/sbr/ for more.
The petition has four key points:
- Consumers are ready to support our pubs when they can reopen.
- We are concerned for the survival of our small and independent brewers and cider makers.
- We want to see local and independent brands when we can get back to the bar.
- We urge all pub companies to give tenants the option to stock local and independent beers and ciders to help these producers, and make sure that pub offerings are as attractive to punters as possible.
Bringing you interesting stories each week about the world of beer, cider and pubs. Tune in every Tuesday.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 16:00 : Raise a glass to CAMRA's 50th in your very own anniversary glass 🍻 Go to the CAMRA Shop to get your hands on plenty of brilliant 50th birthday merchandise #CheersToCAMRA 👉shop1.camra.org.uk/product/camra-… pic.twitter.com/jXWs2y1eCl
- Saturday, 18:00 : Our Pubs. Pints. People. podcast hosts have chosen their favourite brews for this week 👇 Clare: Autumn Leaf by Cabin Brewery Ant: Scaramanga by Gun brewery (and Summer Lightning by Hopback Brewery) Matt: Side Pocket by Tring Brewery Listen here 👉shows.acast.com/pubspintspeopl… pic.twitter.com/qA1i1TQ4Op
- Friday, 18:00 : Make sure you register for our 50th anniversary virtual pub quiz! It's free, everyone is welcome, and we've got some brilliant prizes for you. Go to our website to find out more 👉ow.ly/8VbB50Fdme7 pic.twitter.com/9Z6iLFFs7n
- Friday, 14:01 : Do you fancy choosing the next Champion Beer of Britain? We need volunteers (enthusiasm and willingness to learn is all that's required) for our Beer Tasting Panels across the UK. It'll be champion to have you on board! Find out more 👉 ow.ly/lpjx50Fdn0Q
- Friday, 12:27 : In response to discussions about tackling discrimination in the beer and pub industry CAMRA is launching an Inclusivity, Diversity & Equality Review Group to ensure members and non-members do not suffer discrimination and feel safe and welcome within CAMRA and at our events. 1/9 pic.twitter.com/1Weyc6prZ1